Thursday, January 1, 2015

MTM Case-Gard K-Zone Shooting Rest

Hello all,

This is the MTM Case-Gard K-Zone shooting rest, I purchased this from a local shop last month 12/2014.

I received the MTM Case-Gard catalog earlier this year, after browsing the catalog and a few other options, I chose this product. Due to the fact I wanted just a basic rest that was easy to carry, adjustable, multipurpose, could double as a cleaning rest and a light gunsmiths rest.

After unpacking the rest, the front and rear pads/rests are in two pieces which you screw together, in the lower halves of the rests you can as a option add lead shot for weight, in which I did due to the fact I had some old lead waterfowl BB size shot which you can't use any more and that was a good use and home for the shot.


In the photos above, you see the retracted and extended rear rest.


In the photo above is the rest disassembled. The two rests on the left are what is filled with shot and there is a little storage area with lid in the center of rest.

Current rifles I used with this rest: Light Varmint, Heavy Bench and AR-15. Calibers used .222,.223,.243 have not used any large calibers as of this post.

While I used the rest at the range, I liked the amount of height I could get out of the front rest, I could go from shooting targets at 100yards, then raise it to shoot gongs at 200-400 yards easily and smooth. The adjustable front rest is easily adjusted with one hand with a left or right handed shooter(I shoot Left Handed.)

It has rubber feet in four places to keep the rest in one spot while firing. All adjustments can be locked down with threaded locking knobs.


The above picture shows the rear rest section, this is filled with shot. Below I will explain the marks on the rest.

So you can see the lines and calibers on the rest I marked, that is the spot that fits those rifles I used. I figured it would save me some time during setup, I can just adjust to the line for what rifle I am shooting. There is plenty of room for more on there I just happened to be using those two rifles the day I took the photos.

Also you can use just the front section with the rear rest removed for pistol use as well.

Please comment for any other info you would like or something I may have missed.

Thanks for checking it out,
Rex










No comments:

Post a Comment