Sunday, March 8, 2015

This Week In Shooting And Reloading 3/2-3/8/15

Hello all,

This week was a busy week at work, I didn't do much through out the week, just weekend work.

Lets start with reloading, I cleaned some nickel plated .222 in walnut shells, worked over some .243, deprimed, neck sized and cleaned primer pockets. That about raps up the reloading.

For the shooting, got to the range today, tested out my load work ups for the .222 and .243 with the Hodgdon Benchmark powder, I like the powder and the groups I got out of the rifles so far.  Took out the new Savage Mark II LH stainless with the thumb hole stock .22, sighted it in at 100 yards for a Mini-Palma match at my local range. Sighted it in with some Winchester Super X 40 Grain bullet, then switched to a Federal with a 36 Grain bullet, I had better grouping with the heavier Winchester round.

Here is some info on the Mini Palma match if you are wondering what it was.

Basically it is a F-class match you shoot with .22 rimfire with the 800-900-1000 yard targets simulated and reduced to shoot at 100 yards. Below is the target you shoot.
Link to basic Mini Palma rules and course of fire: ****Mini Palma Rules****

No comments:

Post a Comment