Monday, March 16, 2015

This Week In Shooting And Reloading 3/9-3/15/15

Hello all,

This week I got ready for a Mini-Palma match and did some more load development with the Hodgdon Benchmark Powder.

This week for the Mini-Palma match I practiced shooting prone at 100 yards with my 22 rimfire. Sighted it in a couple weeks ago. The range weather was terrible, the wind was blowing 27-32 MPH left to right and was overcast an sprinkling. My first shot of the day was about 6-8 inches right and good on elevation. So I held the right side duplex cross-hair point center of target and was hitting vertically online with center but about 1/2 inch low, my best 5 shot group could be covered with a quarter, I thought that was pretty good do to the wind and rain. Didn't adjust scope any, I figured if the wind subsides for the match I still want my original zero.

Didn't have time to order match ammo online, so I tried different brands I had, Remington gold, Winchester SuperX, and some Federal. Overall my tightest groups where with the Winchester SuperX.

The next day is the match. So I wake up sunday, pouring down rain. Get gun and gear packed up to head out. Get to the match 30mins early, only the match director and I are there, we wait tell the match start time still nobody shows, just great so back home I head. Now the next match is in May.

This week with the Benchmark powder, I only loaded .222, took my best group powder weight and loaded 1/4 grain lower, 1/4 grain higher and same. 10 rounds each.  Shot all of them, my best group powder weight from last week was still the best this week.


Thanks for reading,
Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment