Sunday, February 21, 2016

Aguila .22 Rimfire SuperExtra Ammo Review With Range Report


Hello Everyone,

Hope all is well in your world and you had or are having a good weekend. This review will be on the Aguila .22 RimFire SuperExtra 40 Grain Solid Point Sub Sonic. I will be using this ammo this year for my Mini-Palma matches, due to the availability of it at my local store, I don't use enough to justify buying match ammo in bulk from online retailers. The way I think about it is if I can find a good quality standard or sub sonic velocity round that my rifle will shoot good I will go with that, last year my local store had a good inventory of CCI Standard Velocity so I used those with good results, this year the shelves have been pretty full of this type and brand of ammo so I am going with it.

Basic Specifications

  • Bullet Weight 40 Grains
  • Muzzle Velocity 1025 Feet Per Second
  • 100 Yard Velocity 911 Feet Per Second
  • Muzzle Energy 93 Lb Ft
  • 100 Yard Energy 74 Lb Ft
  • Made With Eley Prime Technology 

Range Report And Review

Conditions at the range weren't excellent but I worked with what I was given. I got to the range around 5 PM tonight as the sun was setting behind the hills, pretty cool around 47 Degrees with a variable wind from 1 to 5 MPH, coming from the South or Southwest either directly behind me or left to right across the range.

I shot a Total of 15 rounds due to the amount of sunlight I had left, my barrel wasn't even warmed up either. My rifle is a Ruger 77/22 with a 18x Bushnell scope. All shots at 100 yards.

I zeroed it with 5 rounds on a extra target then proceeded to put 5 rounds on each of the reduced 800 yard and 1000 yard targets. If you haven't read any other post on my blog the targets for the mini palmas are reduced 800, 900, 1000 yard targets to a size to shot at 100 yards with 22 rimfire smallbore rifles.
  • Simulated 800 Yard Bullseye for 100 yard Rimfire. 5 Shots, 3 X's and 2 10's
  • Simulated 1000 Yard Bullseye for 100 Yard Rimfire 5 Shots, 2 X's, 2 10's and a 9







Overall I am impressed by the accuracy of this ammo for the price and availability of it. It wasn't a warm day, my rifle barrel was still cold after 15 round and I was in low light. At 100 yards I am hitting the X's and 10 rings, it may not be a 5 shot group covered with a dime, but a 22 rimfire subsonic at 100 yards it will do just fine for my matches. X rings are about 1" and under on these targets between the 1000, 900 and 800 targets.



Thanks for taking the time to read my blog keep checking in for new posts.
Rex

1 comment: